Good news for all the users of Honor V9 as the new update which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo is now released for Honor V9 (126.96.36.1995). Users of Honor V9 can be able to now download and install the official Android 8.0 Oreo update. This is the EMUI 8.0 update which is based on Android Oreo 8.0 comes with build number 188.8.131.525. The update is rolling out via OTA in China. If you didn’t receive the update then don’t worry you can download and install the update manually on your device. Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor V9
You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software Update. Many users reported that they still not received the OTA update, so we are providing the Oreo OTA file for Honor V9. Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor V9
This is a very important update for your device which brings a lot of new features, improvements and bug fixes and the most important part is that this update is based on Android Oreo so you guys can enjoy the new Android Oreo on your Honor V9. Here we’ll provide you with the Official download link of EMUI 8.0. Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor V9
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for Honor V9
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Download Honor V9 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware
1) Download 184.108.40.2065 Oreo Update for Honor V9 DUK-AL20 220.127.116.115 (C00) (China) –
Steps To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Honor V9 (18.104.22.1685)
- First, you need to unlock the bootloader of Honor V9 and download and install a custom recovery.
- Download Honor V9 Oreo from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In TWRP first flash the update.zip file and once done without rebooting your device moves to the next step.
- Now flash the second and third firmware file.
- wait until the process finishes.
- Done! Reboot your device and enjoy. This process may take some time, so wait for the process to finish successfully. Once the update process is finished, the phone will Reboot automatically.
- Done! You have installed the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on your Honor V9.
If you still have any queries, feel free to ask them in the comments section.