Now Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus users can enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo by installing Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Lenovo Z2 Plus: Lenovo has launched the latest smartphone in the Lenovo Z series which is the Z2 Plus. Now, the first smartphone in this latest series from Lenovo was the Zuk Z1 and the smartphone was launched in the Lenovo Zuk series which was a new lineup started by the company separate from the Lenovo lineup same as the Honor series from Huawei. However, the Zuk series from Lenovo failed to get the results that the company needed and thus, Lenovo decided to end the Zuk series. Thus, the Zuk Z2 which was launched last year was named as the Lenovo Z2 Plus.
Now, we have mentioned above that the Zuk series has been ended by the company and we have not seen any smartphone released this year in this series also. Thus, the update for the Lenovo Z2 Plus should not be expected any more and the device has also been abandoned unofficially. However, the smartphone was launched as a developer-friendly device and thus there are various custom ROM that is available for the device and we have seen that the Android 7.1 Nougat and even the Android 8.0 Oreo update is available for the smartphone. Now, there is more good news for the users of the Lenovo Z2 Plus as one new ROM is available for the smartphone which comes with the latest Android update and it is Android 8.1 Oreo.If you want then you can install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Lenovo Z2 Plus (Android 8.1)
Now, the Android 8.1 Oreo version can be installed on the smartphone via the Pixel Experience ROM which is a custom ROM that is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP. Talking about the Android 8.1 Oreo update for Android, this version has not been released by Google yet and the Developer preview of the update has been rolled out by Google with its final release set for the end of 2017 which is just a few days away from now.
We like to thanks,Rodrigo Rodrigues, Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 8.1 Oreo based Pixel Experience ROM For Lenovo Z2 Plus .Remember, the ROM is still in development stage, so there may be few bugs available but we are sure incoming updates everything will be fixed.Now follow the guide to Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Lenovo Z2 Plus (Android 8.1)
- Mobile data
- FPC Fingerprint
- Sound / vibration
- Safetynet (Use magisk v14.2 to bypass)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 8.1 Pixel Experience Oreo ROM (Follow the Development page For latest build)
- Download Official GApps For Pixel Experience Oreo ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
Steps To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Lenovo Z2 Plus | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.1
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons