Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Sony Xperia Z3 Compact | Android Oreo 8.0 Update: Sony launched the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact 3 years back with 2GB RAM and Snapdragon 801. It was the flagship device of Sony back then and it was one of the first devices to come with water and dust resistance that year. The device came with Android 4.4.4 KitKat and it was later upgraded to Android Marshmallow 6.0 which was the last official update sent to the device.
However, the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact has been getting software updates in the form of Custom ROMs and the recent ROM to release for the device is Lineage OS 15 which is based on Android Oreo 8.0. Lineage OS 15 is based on AOSP and if you have a rooted Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, then you can download and install the ROM manually on your device right now. Follow the guide below to Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
Remember that this is not an official release and the ROM is still in the initial alpha development stage. So, some features or apps might not work properly on this ROM. But, you can use this Lineage OS 15 ROM to experience the new features of Android Oreo-like the picture in picture mode, locksreen shortcuts and notification badges on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. Just follow the below instructions to Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Download Android Oreo GApps
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15 On Sony Xperia Z3 Compact | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure to download all the files mentioned in the Downloads section to proceed
- After that, boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power Button. Make sure to hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see TWRP logo
- Now take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.