Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro) | Android 8.0 Oreo: The Xiaomi Mi 3 was one of the most successful devices from Xiaomi and it was also one of the best selling devices when it was released 4 years back. The device came with Android jellybean 4.2 and it was later updated to Android Lollipop 5.0. While it is expected that the device might get the official update to Android Marshmallow 6.0, there is no official confirmation. But, if you have rooted your device, then you can install the latest versions of Android unofficially and the latest Custom ROM released for the Xiaomi Mi 3 is the Lineage OS 15 running Android Oreo 8.0.
Lineage OS is a popular custom ROM and it is based on AOSP and the latest version is running Android Oreo 8.0. It comes with a lot of customization options and some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. You can follow the below steps to manually Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro) if you want to check out the features of Android Oreo 8.0. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed by ShivamKumarJha and he has posted the links to the ROM on the XDA forums for Xiaomi Mi 3 (Cancro). Even though the ROM comes with all the latest features and functionality of Android Oreo, some features might not work properly as it is still in the development stage. But you can test it out without any issue. Also, it only works on the Mi 3 codenamed Cancro so don’t try to install it on other variants of the device. Just follow the below instructions to Update Mi 3 (cancro) To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage Os 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro).
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro)> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.