Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 5 | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Mi 5 last year with Snapdragon 820 and 4GB of RAM. It was one of the fastest flagships of last year and it was also a huge hit due to its affordable price. However, the device lacks in one aspect which is the official software update. Since Xiaomi has to optimize stock Android to work with MIUI, it usually delays update releases. But thanks to custom ROMs you no longer have to wait to get updates anymore. In fact, you can install the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 right now on your Xiaomi Mi 5 via Lineage OS 15.
Lineage OS 15 is based on AOSP and the latest version is running Android Oreo 8.0. It comes with a lot of customization options and some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. Unlike MIUI it is not heavily skinned and it comes with stock Android with no bloatware. You can follow the below steps to manually Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 5 right now to use the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed by bgcngm and he has posted the links to the ROM on the XDA forums for Xiaomi Mi 5. The ROM is still in the development stage and some features might not work properly. But according to the developer all the essential features are working and you can use it is as a daily driver on your Mi5 without any issues. Just follow the below instructions to Update Mi 5 To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage Os 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi 5.
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 5> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 5 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.