Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G5 Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo: Moto G5 Plus is the current entry level variant of Motorola’s lineup of devices. The device was launched earlier this year running Android Nougat 7.0 and was a huge success in the budget range of devices. While Motorola announced that the Moto G5 Plus along with several other Moto phone would be receiving the Android Oreo update in a few months, a custom ROM based on LineaageOS 15 running Android 8.0 is already available for the device.Update Moto G5 Plus to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial Lineage OS 15.0 ROM
If you can’t wait till next year to receive the official OTA update of Android Oreo 8.0 on your Moto G5 Plus, then you can follow the below guide to install it manually on your device with the help of LineageOS 15. Android Oreo 8.0 is Google’s latest mobile operating system and is said to be the safest and fastest version of Android yet. It was unveiled last month by Google and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include picture in picture molock screenreen shortcuts, app notification badges and more.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
However, only an unofficial build of LineageOS 15 is available for download for the Moto G5 Plus as of now. Also the custom ROM is still in its early stages which means that many features are not functioning properly and the ROM is also overall not stable enough to be used on a daily basis. But if you want to test out Android Oreo 8.0 on your Moto G5 Plus you can Download Lineage OS 15.0 For Moto G5 Plus and Install it
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Moto G5 Plus > Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G5 Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.