Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G 1st Gen (2013) | Android 8.0 Oreo | Both 3G and LTE Models: Motorola made a massive comeback to the smartphone industry 4 years back with the Moto G. The device was a massive hit and was largely appreciated for the solid build and the price range. The last major official software update sent to the Moto G was Android Lollipop 5.0. But Moto G has been constantly receiving updates in the form of Custom ROMs and the recent update to the device is LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0.
Android Oreo 8.0 is the latest version of Android and it was released last month by Google. It might take a few months for the update to officially reach all the Android devices out there. But you can manually install it right now on your Moto G by flashing LineageOS 15 with all the Android Oreo features. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, app notification badges and more.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The LineageOS 15 update is based on AOSP and it currently supports both the 3G and the LTE variants of the Moto G. However, it is not an official build and it is still in the early stages of development with some bugs. But that doesn’t mean you cannot try using the ROM and experience the features of Android Oreo by installing it on your Moto G.Update Moto G To Android 8.0 Oreo via Unofficial LineageOS 15
- This guide is only for the Moto G.
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Moto G 3G> Download
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Moto G LTE> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.