Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto X 2014 (victara) | Android 8.0 Oreo: Motorola launched the Moto X2 3 years back and it was the first proper flagship from Motorola and even though it received mixed reviews, everyone appreciated it for the near stock experience. The device was launched with Android KitKat 4.4.4 and the last Android update it received was Marshmallow 6.0. The device has now received an unofficial update to the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 in the form of LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM based on the AOSP and it currently runs the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. Google released the Android Oreo update to the Pixel and the Nexus devices last month and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, app notification badges and more.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
Motorola only sends out 2 major updates to its devices and since the Moto X2 has already received the Lollipop and Marshmallow updates, it will no longer receive any official update. So, if you want to install the latest version of Android Oreo on your Moto X2, then you can follow the below guide to manually install LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo. Update Moto X 2014 (victara) To Android 8.0 Oreo Via LineageOS 15
- This guide is only for the Moto Moto X 2014 (victara).
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong. Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Moto Moto X 2014 (victara)> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto Moto X 2014 (victara) Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.