[LOS 15] Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus 2 | Android 8.0 Oreo: OnePlus 2 was the second instalment in the lineup of the flagship killer, OnePlus. The device was launched with Android Lollipop and later received the Marshmallow update. Even though OnePlus initially announced that the OnePlus 2 will get the Android Nougat 7.0 update, it failed to keep the promise. But with the help of the developer community, the device received the unofficial update to Android Nougat and now has received the Android Oreo update.
Android Oreo 8.0 is the latest version of Android and it was released last month by Google. OnePlus 2 has now received an unofficial update to the Android Oreo in the form of a custom ROM called LineageOS 15. The ROM comes with the default Android Oreo features like picture in picture mode and lockscreen shortcuts along with a few additional customization options.
While it is certain that the recent flagship from OnePlus, the OnePlus 5 will get the official update to Android Oreo 8.0, it is not the case when it comes to the OnePlus 2. So, the only way to experience the latest version of Android on your OnePlus 2 is to manually download and install the LineageOS 15 which is based on Android Oreo 8.0. The basic things like WiFi, Bluetooth and the fingerprint scanner are working without any issue. You can follow the below guide to Download and Install LineageOS 15 On OnePlus 2.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15.0 for OnePlus 2
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus 2 | Android 8.0 Oreo (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above links.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your OnePlus 2 and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.