Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Note Pro | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro 2 years back with Android Lollipop 5.0. While it is very rare for Xiaomi to send out more than 1 major Android software updates, the huge community of the device has helped it to receive software updates in the form of Custom ROMs. The last major update for Xiaomi Mi Note Pro was the Android Marshmallow 6.0 but it has now received Android Oreo in the form of a custom ROM called LineageOS 15.
Android Oreo 8.0 is Google’s latest mobile operating system and is said to be the safest and fastest version of Android yet. It was unveiled last month by Google and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, app notification badges and more.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
It is highly unlikely that the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro will receive the official Android Oreo 8.0 update from Xiaomi considering the device is already 2 years old. So, if you want to experience the latest version of Android, then you can manually install the LineageOS 15 which is based on Android Oreo 8.0 by following the below instructions. But remember that the ROM is unofficial so some features might not work as intended.If you want then Update Xiaomi Mi Note Pro To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Unofficial LineageOs 15.0
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your drive.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Mi Note Pro > Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Note Pro | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.