Today, we are sharing an in-depth guide on installing Unofficial Lineage Os 14.1 On Moto G4 Android 7.1.1.If you are a Moto G4 user then this is the perfect place for you.Follow the guide to Update your Moto G4 device to Android Nougat via Lineage OS.
In this guide, we are going to share How you can easily install Lineage OS in Moto G4. Moto G4 has really good specs as it is launched in May 2016, it comes with 2 GB Ram and 16/32 GB internal it can be expanded to 256 GB. Moto G4 5.5 inch HD display with corning gorilla glass 3.Many users are using the device as their daily drivers.
Lenovo has already released official Android 7 Nougat update For both Moto G4 and G4 Plus.We have dedicated guides on them which will be linked below.But if you want extra customization and features then you should try out the LineageOS 14.1 which is exactly same as CM14.1.
Now there is an Unofficial Lineage Os 14.1 ROM available for Moto G4 which is based On Android 7.1.1 Nougat.Remember this is an unofficial build so there may be few bugs.But with time and future updates, everything will be fixed.We don’t recommend using this as a daily driver.If you are interested then Follow this guide to Download and Install Unofficial Lineage Os 14.1 On Moto G4.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Moto G4.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Now follow the guide given below to safely Install Unofficial LOS 14.1 On Moto G4(Android 7.1.1)
Steps to Flash / Install Unofficial Lineage Os 14.1 On Moto G4 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
Warning- The device’s warranty will be void.
Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Download the LOS 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file and transfer it onto your Moto G4 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Moto G4 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to Flash Unofficial Lineage Os On Moto G4 How to Install LineageOS on any Android Via Custom recovery
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Note:- First boot may take a while. No need to panic if you followed the steps correctly. If you did face any issues then let us know in the comments section below I will try to reply as fast as I can.
Good going! You’ve now learned How to Download and Install Unofficial Lineage Os 14.1 For Moto G4. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build of Lineage Os 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!