Now users can Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5 Plus (potter) all thanks to Pixel Experience Oreo ROM.Moto G5 Plus is very popular device and is one of the best budget android phone available in the market.This is one of those devices which receive best developer support.The Custom ROM is based on Based on android-8.0.0_r33 (basically 8.1 preview).
Very special thanks to jhenrique09, Senior Member over at Xda for developing and sharing the Google Pixel ROM For Moto G5 Plus.The ROM comes with Google’s latest November Security patch.The ROM is in its initial stage still almost all the important things are working.There are few bugs available in the ROM which will be fixed in the coming updates.This ROM can be used as daily driver.
If you are a Moto G5 Plus user and are interested in this new update, you can easily download and install it. All that you need to do is fulfil some pre-requisites, complete few downloads, and then follow the guide mentioned below.Once the ROM is available we will update the post with active link and you can then download Pixel Experience Oreo ROM For Moto G5 Plus
- Whats working?
- RIL(some carriers)
- Mobile data
- Fingerprint reader (gestures working too)
- Moto Actions
- Sound / vibration
- Safetynet (Use magisk v14.2 to bypass)
- RIL(some carriers)
- “Ok google” hotword
- DTV (XT1683 model, still WIP)
- [Download Links Added] Pixel Experience Oreo ROM .0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo Features
- 1 Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo Features
- 2 Pre-Requirements
- 3 Disclaimer
- 4 Downloads
- 5 Steps To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G5 Plus (Potter) | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
As Pixel Experience Oreo ROM is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Pixel Experience Oreo ROM .0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto E4 (woods).
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Pixel Experience Oreo ROM For Moto G5 Plus (Development Page)
- Download Official GApps For Pixel Experience Oreo ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G5 Plus (Potter) | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons