Now Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 a.k.a CM14 is available for the original Motorola Moto X 2013.This guide will help you Download & Flash/ Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 codenamed ghost Android 7.0.It is a very easy, safe and simple process.Just follow the given steps to update your Moto X 1st generation to latest Android 7.0 Nougat via Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 Custom ROM.
Moto X 2013 is a 3-year-old device and it is not going to get the latest Nougat 7.0 update officially so users have to fully depend on the third party Nougat ROMs.Moto X 2013 users have to flash third party Custom ROMs to get the latest android on their devices.But we have a great news for all Moto X (1st Gen.) users.After Moto X 2nd Gen, Moto X 2013 also received the unofficial CM14 ROM.
As I mentioned before, It is an unofficial ROM.It is shared by Megatron007, a senior Xda Dev.The ROM is it is in its development stage and has loads of bugs.This is the first release of this unofficial CM14 ROM For the Moto X 2013 and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0
This ROM is an unofficial ROM and not developed by team CM.The ROM is based on latest Android 7.0 Nougat source code.It is a very clean and close to stock ROM with some extra useful features like previous CyanogeMod ROMs.If you really want to experience the latest Android 7.0 Nougat On your Moto X 2013 then flash this ROM.Remember, this ROM can’t be used as a daily driver.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0 (Unofficial )
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Moto X (1st Gen-2013 model). So don’t try on other Devices
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Moto X (1st Gen) while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Safely Flash CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL CM14 NOUGAT ROM ON MOTO X 2013 ANDROID 7.0 (UNOFFICIAL )
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Unofficial CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0.
- Download both Un-Official CM14 For Moto X (2013) and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Now Connect your Moto X (2013) device to your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Moto X (2013) and remember the location of the files
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode.Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X (2nd Gen) Android 7.0. –>>How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Then Install Gapps.Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 14 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 14 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM14
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂