Learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 5X (CyanogenMod 14.1 / Android 7.1 Nougat):The LG-made Nexus 5X from last year was probably the best budget smartphone you could grab which was based off of Google’s own Stock Android UI, and it still is one of the best smartphones to pick if you’re on a budget. At the time of its debut, it was released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and was the first device to come out of the box, right alongside its bigger brother, the Nexus 6P. This year, however, as everyone knows, it still is running the latest version of Android that Google has to offer – Android 7.1 Nougat.
However, not every OEM is just perfect. The only bad thing with the now-dead Nexus lineup is the simplicity in their software. While you might say that they run Android 7.1 Nougat, which is the latest version out right now, it is no denying to the fact that Google’s stock Android has always been too boring, without any new exciting features to spice things up. Well, the Nexus 5X suffers from just that!
Very recently, Cyanogen announced the debut of their newest build of ROMs – CyanogenMod 14.1. CM 14.1 is built off of Android Nougat 7.1, which is even more newer than most of the official firmwares out there. Good for you, many devices have received the CM 14.1 official update, and the Nexus 5X is one of them!
Since this is an official nightly build, you will be getting OTAs every single day, however, we cannot promise that this ROM is a 100% stable. Cyanogen has itself mentioned that many new features are yet to come, but for the most part, they have eliminated almost all the bugs, so this ROM should be pretty stable for a daily driver. In this in-depth guide, we will be learning How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 5X.
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the Nexus 5X. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Nexus 5X only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For Nexus 5X → Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 5X
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Nexus 5X using your data cable.
- Reboot your Nexus 5X into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to flash Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 5X How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs.
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 5X. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Lastly, you can refer to this article to find out which devices have gotten the official CM 14.1 update till now Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly Released (Download) [/symple_box]