Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo: Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, 2 years back in August 2015. The device was launched with Android Lollipop 5.1.1 which was the latest version of Android back then. While Samsung generally does not send out the latest software updates for devices more than 2 years old, it is surprising that it has sent out 2 major software updates to the Galaxy S5 Neo.
This Official Android Nougat 7.0 update is currently rolling out to the Galaxy S5 Neo devices and it will reach your device anytime soon. You can check for the update from settings –> about device –> Software update. If you have not yet received the notification for the OTA update, don’t worry it might take a while before it reaches every device out there. If you don’t want to wait any longer, you can manually Update your Galaxy S5 Neo right now to Android 7.0 Nougat by following our simple guide below.
The Android Nougat 7.0 update for the Galaxy S5 Neo is currently rolling out to the users in Canada. The update weighs around 2 GB and it comes with a lot of Nougat specific features like Multi window mode, enhanced doze functionality, app switching, and several behind the screen improvements.
- Download Galaxy USB drivers and install on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
- Backup your apps & data
- Charge your device to minimum 50-60% so that we can avoid interruptions in the procedure.
STEPS TO INSTALL OFFICIAL ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 Neo
- Download Android Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy S5 Neo from the links above.
- Download and install latest ODIN tool from above download section.
- Now Follow our in-depth guides on how to download and install official Samsung firmware files via Odin!
Good going! If you have followed all of our guides properly, then you will have no issues upgrading! If you still have any queries, feel free to refer us in.