Download and Install T-Mobile LG G4 H811 Stock ROM! LG G4 was one of the flagship devices of 2015. It was also one of the first devices to receive an update to Android Marshmallow, after the Nexus devices. Here we provide an update for the Verizon LG G4 users. The new update brings the optimizations of Android Marshmallow and customizations and tweaks by LG, that is meant to provide you with a better user experience. This might give a slight boost to the poor battery life to the G4.
The most talked about features in Marshmallow update is Doze mode which gives excellent Stand by time for your device, App permissions which enable you to control permissions for applications on your device, Now on tap and few others. This guide will help you install the Marshmallow update on your T-Mobile LG G4. So go ahead.
If you are running Stock ROM without any customizations like rooting or flashing a custom recovery, then you may simply Check for New Updates in your Settings and install the update. But in case you haven’t received the OTA or have Root/Custom ROM, you cannot install the OTA update directly on your phone. You would need to flash the update using the flash tool as mentioned in the guide. Follow the guide below to Download and Install T-Mobile LG G4 H811 Stock ROM.
Steps to Download and Install T-Mobile LG G4 H811 Stock ROM
- Download .zip file, place it on internal or external SDcard (external preferred).
- Boot your device into TWRP custom recovery.
- Backup current partitions: Boot, System, Data, EFS to external sdcard if possible (optional but suggested).
- Now if you are coming from a stock ROM you may skip this step, else perform the wipes (TWRP > Wipe > Swipe slider).
- Install .zip file (Install > select zip > swipe to confirm/flash).
- Now Reboot your device after the installation is finished.
- If TWRP asks if you want to install SuperSU for root, select NO.
- If you want to root your device or you want TWRP recovery on your device, follow the bootloader unlock directions given below.
Unlocking the Bootloader and Rooting T-Mobile LG G4
You would need ADB and fastboot installed on your device to follow the steps given below. The easiest method is to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot. You can get it on this link ‘Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows‘. After installing Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC follow these steps.
- Download the twrp-188.8.131.52-h811.img file from the link given above. Copy this file to the Minimal Fastboot folder and also to external SDcard* of your device.
- Download the latest SuperSu zip (2.67+) from the link given above, and copy it to external sd card.
- Confirm “OEM Unlock” is set to Enable in the Developer Settings.
- Enable “USB Debugging” in Developer Settings, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable and type the following commands in the Minimal Fastboot and ADB window.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot boot twrp-184.108.40.206-h811.img
- For permanent TWRP: In TWRP hit Install > Images (bottom right corner) > select TWRP.img on ext sd card > select “recovery” > swipe.
- If you want root: Select the Home button > Install > Select SuperSU zip on external sd card > swipe to install it.
- Now select Reboot to System.
- If TWRP asks if you want to install SU, select No.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂