Download/Install Moto Z Play Android Oreo blur_Version.27.1.28 OTA Update: Motorola has been a reputed name in the smartphone market for a long time. The manufacturer has launched a lot of devices during the time of the evolution of phones. When smartphone became more common they also topped in it by launching some cool devices. Moto G series and Z series are the two series of devices which were sold in good numbers around the globe.
Motorolla was also good at giving out updates for their devices. And currently, the Oreo update for Moto Z Play is being rolled out by the manufacturer. The new update is coming with a version number of V.27.1.28. The update, as usual, is given out as an Over the Air or OTA update. The update is reaching users in a phase-wise manner. Some users have already received this and others will receive it very soon.
You can wait for the official OTA update to reach you or can flash it manually on your device. In this guide, we will be providing you with the OTA file that can be downloaded along with the steps to flash it manually. Please read through to find out.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Moto Z Play users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps to Install Moto Z Play Android Oreo blur_Version.27.1.28 OTA Update
There are two possible methods to install the downloaded OTA file on Moto Z Play. Both are listed below.
ADB and fastboot method:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your Moto Z Play into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
Recovery mode method:
- Save the downloaded file on to the device internal storage
- Power off the device
- Tap and hold power button and volume up button to boot the device on to recovery mode
- Select apply update from SD card
- Choose the downloaded update file
- When the process is completed reboot the device