Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Redmi Note 4 | Android 8.0 Oreo (unofficial): Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android was released last week by Google While the Google Pixel and the Nexus devices were the only ones to receive the official update as of now, several other popular Android devices have been receiving the Android Oreo 8.0 update in the form of Custom ROMs. The recent device to be added to this list is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, which was one of the best selling devices of Xiaomi.
The update comes to the Redmi Note 4 in the form of LineageOS and while it is not official it still comes with all the essential features of Android Oreo 8.0 and it is also quite stable. The LineageOS 15 is based on the source code of Android Oreo 8.0 and it also comes with the same features like the lock screen shortcuts, notification badges for apps, picture in picture mode and more.
If you want to Install LineageOS 15 On Redmi Note 4 (Android 8.0 Oreo), then you can follow the step by step instructions below. However, you have to note that the ROM is not stable enough to be used as a daily driver and some features are not working properly as of now. You can try it out to experience the Oreo features and wait for the stable release to use it as a daily driver.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Redmi Note 4 | Android 8.0 Oreo (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above links.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.