Guide: Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi5.So if you have Xiaomi Mi5 and you want to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on it then follow this guide to Update Xiaomi Mi5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat Via Lineage OS 14.1
As most of you know, CyanogenMod team has shut down its services and has been replaced by its identical twin Lineage. Lineage OS team provides its users with all sorts of amazing features and stabilities which were present in CyanogenMod. Lineage OS is contributing a lot to the Android community after the death of CyanogenMod, and the new Lineage OS 14.1 gives you the feature of enjoying Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Xiaomi Mi5.
We have put together a step-by-step guide for all the users who want to install Android 7.1.1 firmware in their Xiaomi Mi5 via Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM. All you need to do is fulfil few pre-requisites, completed some downloads, and follow the given instructions.
You May Like: Download and Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM on Mi 5
- Have a proper backup of all your important data.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your device.
- Verify that you have the necessary Xiaomi Mi5 USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Your Xiaomi Mi5 must be rooted with the latest version of TWRP or CWM installed.
- The bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make sure that battery percentage is more than 50%.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Xiaomi Mi5 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
- Download the custom ROM file and Gapps for Xiaomi Mi5 on the desktop of your PC. (Download Section Above)
- Plug in your device to your PC using USB data cable and then mount its memory storage.
- Transfer the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 ROM.zip file and Gapps to the root folder of your SD card.
- Now boot your device into recovery mode.
- Follow this guide to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Xiaomi Mi5 How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Now Flash gapps Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 / LineageOS ROMs
- Once all flashing processes are done, reboot your device from TWRP (or any other custom recovery) main menu.
- Done!!!! Enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat On Xiaomi Mi5
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂