This post will guide you to safely Install Stock Firmware/ROM On Huawei/Honor Devices.Android Operating system is always known for its customization options which have been provided as a result of the operating system being Open Source. This is also the reason why Android OS has a number of users which it has today which nearly equals to 90% of all the handsets around the world that are powered by Android. The Android OS is open-source which means that anyone can get the source code of the latest version of Android and build their ROMs on top of it.
This is exactly the case with custom ROMs where the developers behind the custom ROMs build them for particular devices and distribute them. Now, the OEMs which have been using Android as their OS to power the device use a custom skin on top of Android so as to distinguish their smartphones from others and provide features that are not available in Stock version of Android.
Thus, same is the case with Huawei which has been providing all its Huawei/Honor devices with EMUI which is the custom skin of Android. Now, if you want to Upgrade or Install Stock Firmware/ROM On Huawei/Honor Devices (Latest Firmware) then we have attached a guide with all the required steps for you down below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any problems that may occur to your device after following this guide. However, we will try to help you in every way possible if you have some issues
- You must have the right firmware file according to your device’s model number
- You should always have 50-60% battery charge on your phone before you begin the installation process.
Steps To Install Stock Firmware/ROM On Huawei/Honor Devices (Upgrade To Latest Firmware OTA Updates)
- First, Download the Firmware for the Huawei/Honor devices that you own and then proceed for the next steps
- Extract that file and create a folder ‘dload’ and place the ‘update.app’ file in the firmware folder and then move that ‘dload‘ folder to your SD card. (Note that it is important to name the folder to dload.)
- Now reboot your device and press ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button’ together for a while.
- This will start the firmware installation process automatically.Wait till the process is finished
- Once the process is finished, reboot your device.Your Huawei/Honor device should boot into the latest firmware that you have just installed.
Huawei/Honor users can also install stock ROM using SD card storage.
- Create a new folder in SD card > Rename it to dload > place the Update.App > Open Settings > About phone > System Update and finally tap on Local Update to begin the flashing process.
- Once the whole installation (software update) process is done, reboot your device.