How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1: Samsung Galaxy J5 is an extremely popular device that was launched by the Mobile Manufacturing Giant Samsung in June 2015. This device usually comes with the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS out of the box but you can get the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update as well. You can update the OS either using the OTA update or manually by downloading it and enjoy the updates features of Android.
In case you aren’t totally satisfied by this new update and have any adjustments you have to make, you can do it by rooting your device. Rooting a smartphone allows you to remove the unwanted Mobile company applications, install custom ROMs, increase the mobile memory, upgrade/downgrade the firmware, and much more.
Rooting is fairly easy and can be done within a matter of minutes if you know the proper procedure. In this post, we will be telling you how you can easily root your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F and update your device to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. You can root your phone by completing few downloads and then following the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging On Your Phone.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock On Android
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Download Sprint Galaxy J5 500F
Latest SuperSu (Download it to your phone’s storage)
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F Running Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Step 1.Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
Step 2.Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed on your PC.
Step 3.Download the TWRP File For your device from the download section above (Download according to your model)
→ Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP 3.1.0 Recovery On Galaxy J5 J500F > How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 Using SuperSu
- After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode.Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to flash SuperSu root file to get your device rooted.Guide > How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂