Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Galaxy J5 2016 (J510F)| (j5xnlte) (AOSPExtended v4.4): Galaxy J5 2016 was released in 2016 and its a mid-range device from Samsung.Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510F comes with a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED display screen with an HD resolution of 1280x720p, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 1.2GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16 GB ROM storage capacity, and a 3100mAh Lithium-Ion battery. It comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS out of the box but it has an update for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow available.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
Here we are going to share some information regarding AOSPExtended and how you can easily install it on your Galaxy J5 2016 (J510F). Did you know that any rooted device has the capability of being 10 times more powerful than the same device when unrooted? Sounds too good to be true right? But it is, in fact, correct as rooting is one of the best features than an Android user gets on his device. Rooting gives you an abundance of extra features which enhances the performance of your device including the feature of installing a custom ROM. Once you have rooted your device, you can easily install a custom ROM such as AOSPExtended which is one of the most popular custom ROMs on the market these days.
If you are a Galaxy J5 2016 (J510F) user, then this post will be highly beneficial for you. In this post, we will be giving you an elaborate guide which is divided into two parts to make your job easier. In the first part, we will be giving you all the basic information regarding rooting, custom ROMs, its benefits and more. After finishing the first part, we will then be giving you a step-by-step instruction manual to help you to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Galaxy J5 2016 Via AOSPExtended
Check Out Our Latest Full ROMs List > Galaxy J5 2016 Custom ROMs Collection (Android Oreo and Nougat ROMs)
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage Os 14.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (AOSPExtended):
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimizations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 7.1.2 is fingerprint gestures
- [Download Links Added] Official AOSPExtended.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AOSPExtended ROM On Galaxy J5 2016 (J510F).
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AOSPExtended For Galaxy J5 2016 (J510F)
- Download the ROM | Uploader Credit: Lemlis
- Download Official GApps For Official AOSPExtended ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Galaxy J5 2016 (J510F)| (j5xnlte) Via AOSPExtended v4.4
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.