In this guide, you will learn How to download & Safely Flash / Install CM 12.1 ROM On Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Android 5.1.1 lollipop.This is a tablet so there are not many ROMs available for the device.But now users can Flash CyanogenMod 12.1 on their Tab S2 8.0.Below we share direct download link and full step by step guide to Flash CM 12.1 ROM On Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
Before Flashing remember, this is an unofficial ROM.This is based on Androids 5.1.1 lollipop and CyanogenMod 12.1 Source code.It is developed by CTXz, Senior Member from Xda.The ROM is still in alpha that means may expect some bugs, but in future updates everything will be fixed.Below we share the bugs list
→ Full Detailed Guide to Install CM 12.1 ROM On Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
What’s Not Working
Internal SD card mount
Minor graphical glitches
→ To Know more about this ROM and bug list visit this official Xda Post
→This is only for Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T710 so don’t try this on other models.
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Tab S2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Safely Download & Install CM 12.1 ROM On Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
How to Safely Install CM 12.1 ROM On Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
Step By Step Guide
- Make Sure You have TWRP Installed on your device, If you don’t have then get it here : TWRP by ashyx
- Download the Unofficial CM 12.1 ROM and the Gapps From the download links (Download to your tablet)
- Reboot into TWRP by holding VOL UP + POWER + HOME on boot
- Create a nandroid backup (Important)
- Then Wipe–>>select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe
- Now ONLY Select Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache, then swipe right to wipe
- Then go to install section
- Now follow this guide to Flash / Install the ROM > How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Done!!! You should have CM 12.1 On your Tab S2
If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to ask in the comment section below