This guide will help you to manually Flash / Install OTA Updates Zip File Via Stock Recovery.This is applicable For every android device with stock recovery, but you have to get the right OTA Firmware file for the device otherwise device will be soft bricked.Here we will be using a the Stock recovery which comes with the device to Flash the OTA Updates Zip File
The Process is very simple and secure.You only need the right firmware update zip file.Make sure that your device has a stock recovery.The process is only for OTA Updates Zip files, not Image files.So if you have the right OTA Updates Zip File then follow the guide to Safely Install OTA Updates Zip File Via Stock Recovery
There is another way to using ADB and Fastboot to Flash the Firmware Update file.If you have an update Zip file follow this guide to flash using ADB and Fastboot–>>How To Install OTA Firmware Updates Using ADB Fastboot Commands
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
->Make sure your device comes with a Stock recovery
Safely Flash / Install OTA Updates Zip File Via Stock Recovery
Download the Right Ota Firmware Update according to your device (.Zip File)
Manually Flash / Install OTA Updates Zip File Via Stock Recovery
Step By Step Guide
- Download the right OTA update File
- Then transfer the OTA update’s .zip file to the internal storage of your device
- Boot your device into recovery mode.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Once in recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate up and down between options and Power button to select an option.
- Choose the OTA Update Zip file which you have transferred
- Now Select the “Apply update” or “Apply update from phone storage”option.
- Then select the OTA .zip file you transferred in Step 1 above. And install it.
- Once the installation process is finished, select reboot from recovery main menu.
- Done!!!Your device should have the latest update
If you have any queries related to this post feel free to leave that in the comment section below.