Updated Sept. 16, 2017 – Steps To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5S Plus: Moto G5S Plus is the brand new device from Motorola and it is one of the first budget devices from the company to come with a dual camera setup. The phone was just launched with the latest version of Android Nougat 7.1.1 and you might expect the device to also receive the official update to the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0.
However, it might take at least a few more months for the Android Oreo update to reach the device. In the meantime, you can root your device and install custom ROMs on your Moto G5S plus to try out the latest versions of Android before the official release. However, you have to unlock your bootloader before you root your device and this might void your warranty.
So you have to be careful before you proceed to root your device as you might end up bricking your device or getting stuck in the bootloop. But don’t worry, you can follow our detailed guide below to install a custom Recovery like TWRP and root your Moto G5S Plus if you ever plan on installing custom ROMs or kernels on your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Important – Moto G5s/G5s Plus Bootloader must be unlocked.Guide linked below
Steps to Root And Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery
- Download the TWRP zip file
- Put the downloaded TWRP recovery file inside the ADB folder
- Rename the TWRP file as TWRP.img
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder. by holding the shift key on the keyboard and right mouse click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a CMD window
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by executing the following command in CMD
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the below command to flash the TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- To reboot your device in recovery mode, then execute the following command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
Steps to Root your device via TWRP
- Download the Magisk file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select Magisk.zip that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.