So do you want to root and install TWRP recovery on your Oppo R9 plus? Well, if your answer is Yes then today you are landed on the right page. Today we are back to another post where we are going to show You How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo R9 Plus. Installing TWRP can be beneficial for the users as TWRP is not only used to install root directories but it is used as a tool to install the system files and update manually on the phone. Also TWRP is used to backup or wipe system data, you can create a full or partial backup of your system files. if you want to install TWRP and root Oppo R9 plus then you have to follow this guide. Install TWRP Recovery and Root Oppo R9 Plus
Rooting gives you a full access to customize your device like you want plus it gives you permission to perform suspicious activities with your smartphone but sometimes it can cause damage so after rooting your smartphone use it wisely. Follow this guide correctly so to root your smartphone perfectly otherwise you may end up bricking your device.
Rooting Oppo R9 Plus gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Oppo R9 Plus, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device. Install TWRP Recovery and Root Oppo R9 Plus
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Oppo R9 Plus. While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Are TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android
- Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root Oppo R9 Plus and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to ge your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Oppo R9 Plus
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery On Oppo R9 Plus
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the Download TWRP Recovery and transfer it to your Oppo R9 Plus
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your Oppo R9 Plus. (Same as flashing the stock ROM)
Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file and At this stage, just leave the recovery as ticket/ checked. Now, at the location tab, click on the storage location field of the recovery and search and browse for the custom recovery image file which is device-specific
Step 2: How To Root Oppo R9 Plus
- First of all download Magisk Zip from HERE
- Connect your device to the pc via USB cable and transfer the magisk file to the internal storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery
- Now flash the magisk zip from there and done.
If you have any queries related to this then please do ask in the comment section.