In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 3T : OnePlus has surprised us all by releasing an unexpected device later this year, and it indeed is the best Android device around for the price you pay.
While the OnePlus 3T isn’t a successor to the OnePlus 3, it is good in many ways. It has the new Snapdragon 821 processor, 6 Gigs of RAM, a 16 MP front and primary camera, a bigger 3400 mAh battery, and much more.
However, something that OnePlus might not be too persistent about is software updates. This is where the sweet world of tweaking, flashing and rooting comes in. With root access, and a compatible recovery, you can basically master your Android device without any issues. With root access, installing custom ROMs, flashing kernels, flashing mods is just a breeze. In this guide, we will give comprehensive steps in order to learn How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 3T.
- Make sure you own a OnePlus 3T with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then do not proceed any further. Follow our guide to do the same within the matter of minutes How to Unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3(Same Guide)
- Ensure you have backed up your personal files. While this will not cost you any loss of data, it is always a good practice to back everything up.Guide
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP recovery
TWRP Recovery Image file: Download
How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 3T
- Download the .img file from above for your device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your OnePlus 3T into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window, and type in the following commands :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your OnePlus 3T device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
- For being able to root, refer to our comprehensive guide on How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learnt How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 3T in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.