Download/Install Lineage OS 15.1 On LeEco Le 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo): Listen up all the LeEco Le 2 users! This post is special for you people as here we will be telling you about the release of the latest build of Lineage OS. Yes, you heard it right. Big thanks to Rk585 who shared with us this unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 which works well for LeEco Le 2 users. Lineage OS is one of the biggest and most popular brands of custom ROMs and it has managed to release some of the most spectacular custom ROMs available for Android smartphones. The recent update is the unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 and it is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo OS. This custom ROM will come with all the features of Oreo such as picture in picture mode, split-screen mode, and more.
However, this update is not yet stable enough and it has a lot of bugs to be fixed. The users are having some problems with the GPS and HW acceleration in video playback. If the user is patient enough, then it is recommended to wait for the next update which will come with a lot of bug fixes and optimizations.
LeEco Le 2 is a world-class model filled with some excellent features and specifications. It comes equipped with a 5.50-inch display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 1.8GHz Octa Core processor, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3000mAh battery. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS and its other features include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, a 16.0 MP rear camera, an 8.0 MP front camera, USB OTG, Dual SIM standby, and more.
If you are a LeEco Le 2 user who wants to take the risk and install this custom ROM as their daily driver then this guide will be very helpful for you. In this post, not only will you be getting a step by step guide on how to install this update of Lineage OS but we will also be giving you all the basic information which you require.
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 0.1 Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 0.2 Pre-Requirements
- 0.3 Disclaimer
- 0.4 Download Lineage OS 15.1 For LeEco Le 2
- 1 How To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On LeEco Le 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
You may Like: How to get Android 8.1 Oreo Adaptive Icons feature on Android 5.0 and above
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On LeEco Le 2.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For LeEco Le 2
- Lineage OS 15.1 For LeEco Le 2
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On LeEco Le 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.