Download and Install Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia Z5 | Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM: Sony Xperia Z5 was launched in 2015 September, the regular Sony Xperia Z5 might seem like the least interesting of the trio and Sony Xperia Z5 is packed with the powerful 4K display. Sony Xperia Z5 comes with Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), later Sony released the official update to Android 7.0 Nougat. Sony not yet confirmed the list of official devices which will receive Android 8.0 Oreo. Many of the users already enjoying the sweetness of latest Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15 (Custom ROM). If you want to try the latest features on your device, thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android. Now you can Install Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia Z5. Follow the guide below to Update Sony Xperia Z5 To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.
Sony Xperia Z5 comes with a 5.2-inch display with 1080×1920 resolution with 424 PPI. The Sony Xperia Z5 Dual is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 3GB RAM. Sony Xperia Z5 packed with 32GB internal storage that can be expandable up to 200GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, this phone packs a 23-megapixel primary rear camera and a 5-megapixel front for selfies. With the release of new Android 8.0 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. After the huge hit of Lineage OS 14.1, Lineage OS team started building new Custom OS Lineage OS 15. Lineage OS 15 is packed with all new features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Lineage OS 15 ROM on Sony Xperia Z5 and taste the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to Install Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia Z5.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features:
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser for Wuntils until now. The feature is Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0. There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 (Link Removed and will be updated soon)
- Lineage os 15 For Supported devices
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
How to Install Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia Z5 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.