Download and Install LineageOS 15.0 On LG G5 | Android 8.0 Oreo: Lineage OS happens to be one of the front-runners in this. It is a free and open source operating system based on Android platform. It is the successor of CyanogenMod which was again a custom ROM designed by the same team of developers. The official launch of Lineage OS 14.1 happened in December 2016. The source code is available on GitHub.Check out > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo.Download and Install LineageOS 15.0 On LG G5
Lineage OS 14.1 team has confirmed over 1 million installations of the OS which is a milestone. They have covered the builds for over more than 160 models of phone. Similarly, the list of Lineage OS 15.0 states to be available over 150 plus models as well.Follow the guide To §.Check Out the device list here > [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List(Android 8.0)
We have seen a long journey from the cupcake, donut, eclair, froyo, gingerbread, Honeycomb, ice-cream Sandwich, Jellybean, KitKat, lollipop, Marshmallow, nougat to Oreo. Don’t worry it’s not a list of sweets but Android versions till date. We have come a long way to Android 8.0 which is currently in beta version. The biggest strength of Android is that it is open source. This opened up the channels for innovation which a lot of third-party developers have capitalized on; LineageOS being one of them.
Check out our latest post > Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On LG G5 | Android 8.1 Oreo
The current LineageOS version is 14.1 this was forked from CyanogenMod 14.1 and this supports Android Nougat which is Android 7.x. CyanogenMod has been discontinued officially since December 2016. But the code for CyanogenMod is still been available on open source for enthusiastic programmers. When you visit the official LineageOS page; you will find the guide to installing LineageOS 14.1 on various devices LG G5 being one of them. Now, LineageOS 15.0 for LG G5 is being developed by LineageOS team, the final stable build could release in last quarter of this year or early 2018.
LG G5 was first launched in 2015 with Google official Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Currently, LG G5 can be upgradable to Android 7.1.1. As LG G5 is Google flagship device, all the new updates arrive first to these devices. LineageOS 14.1 has already been successfully installed on LG G5.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 (Link Removed and will be updated soon)
- Lineage os 15 For Supported devices
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to install LineageOS 15.0 On LG G5 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
LineageOS 15.0 for LG G5 is in pipeline to be available with the Android 8.0 or Android O. This should be ready around the same time as Android 8.0 release that is late 2017 to early 2018.