Updated On September 07, 2017 – Download and Install LineageOS 15 On OnePlus 3/3T | Android 8.0 Oreo: Google has finally released the official Android Oreo 8.0 last month and its source code is also available for the developers.Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous. With the new Android 8.0, it is no different.
What is the other thing that happens in parallel with the release of a new Android version is the development of the customised OS which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version? Having said this you will be reading a lot about LineageOS 15.0 in the coming months. As they have LineageOS 15.0 termed as the new custom OS for Android 8.0 that will now take over its predecessor CyanogenMod in this phase.OnePlus has confirmed that OnePlus 3/3t will get the Oreo update Officially but that will be the last official update for the devices.Check out > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo.Download and Install LineageOS 15 On OnePlus 3/3T
LineageOS happens to be one of the front-runners in this. It is a free and open source operating system based on Android platform. It is the successor of CyanogenMod which was again a custom ROM designed by the same team of developers. The official launch of LineageOS 14.1 happened in December 2016. The source code is available on GitHub.Now you can Update OnePlus 3/3T To Android 8.0 Oreo via LineageOS 15.0
LineageOS 14.1 team has confirmed over 1 million installations of the OS which is a milestone. They have covered the builds for over more than 160 models of phone. Similarly, the list of LineageOS 15.0 states to be available over 150 plus models as well
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15.0
- Download Mirror Link 1
- Download Mirror Link 2
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to Install LineageOS 15 On OnePlus 3/3T | Android 8.0 Oreo (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your OnePlus 3/3T and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.