Update Meizu M2 Mini to Android 7.1.2 Nougat Via Lineage OS 14.1! A new custom ROM based on Android 7.1. 2 Nougat called Lineage OS 14.1 is available for Meizu M2 Mini. Now you can download and install the Lineage 14.1 OS custom ROM and get the experience of Android Nougat OS before the stock official firmware is released.
Since Cyanogenmod was discontinued, Lineage has taken over the mantle as the most used mod in the Android community and they are doing a phenomenal job. Lineage gives different customizations that optimizes an Android device to its core and boosts a smartphone’s performance. You’ll get a stable and smooth Android Nougat interface, so this might be the best update opportunity for you and for your phone.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- First of all, you need to have a backup of all the important data and files on your device.
- You need to enable USB debugging mode on your device.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Meizu M2 Mini USB Drivers on the PC.
- The device should be rooted with the latest version of TWRP or any other custom recovery installed.
- The bootloader on the device must be unlocked.
- Your device must have more than 50% battery percentage.
Steps to Flash Android 7.1.2 Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat on Meizu M2 Mini:
- First, download Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 custom ROM for Meizu M2 Mini on the desktop of the PC.
- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Transfer Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above links to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
- Unplug the Meizu M2 Mini from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache. Wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
- Navigate to the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
- Your Meizu M2 Mini will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Meizu M2 Mini to the latest Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 ROM. In case you have any queries, comment down below.