Discovery Plus is a popular on-demand video subscription service for TV documentaries and infotainment-type shows. With Discovery Plus getting launched, it wasn’t quite clear whether PlayStation devices would be supported or not. Currently, Discovery Plus is available for a variety of devices running Android and iOS platforms. Apart from that, Discovery Plus is also available on Roku and Fire Stick devices.
When will Discovery Plus be available on PS4/PS5?
When Discovery Plus was launched, the team didn’t launch the service for a reasonable number of compatible devices. Discovery Plus was only launched for Android and iOS devices. Later, it got added support for Roku and Amazon Firestick. For PlayStation devices, it isn’t sure yet when Discovery Plus will become available. However, with such a large userbase, the development team knows that it needs to be compatible sooner rather than later.
Currently, there are no immediate plans to extend the compatibility support to PS4 and PS5 users. If watching Discovery Plus is important, there are other alternatives that you can try. Some of them include Xbox Series S and Xbox One. If you’ve got household access to streaming devices like an Amazon Firestick or Roku, you can always load Discovery Plus app on them too. Lastly, you can also access Discovery Plus on your desktop or laptop via browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox.
How to use Discovery Plus on PS4 or PS5?
Discovery Plus does have decent compatibility with third-party devices and can be streamed through a web browser directly. Luckily for you, PS4 and PS5 come with secret browser support and it can be used for logging on to Discovery Plus services. To do that, follow these instructions –
- From the home screen of your PS4/PS5, navigate to Settings
- Scroll down to Users and Accounts and select Link with Other Services
- Select Twitter and then Link Account
- A pop-up window will open up asking you to enter your Twitter account details
- Click on the Twitter icon and you’ll be redirected to the Twitter main page
- Now, enter any web domain in the web address and start surfing the web
- You can go to the Discovery Plus site and stream your favorite shows via the hidden browser trick