The Samsung Galaxy A20S has started getting the A207FXXU2BTD7 April 2020 security Patch. This incremental update is based on One UI 2.0 (Android 10). The current update is being released in some Europe and Asian region.
This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in April 2020 which comes with April 1 security patch update. This update comes with bug fixes and stability improvements and you should get some improvements in the speed of the phone also. It also addresses many security vulnerabilities. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Galaxy A20S which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Manually Update Galaxy A20S To A207FXXU2BTD7
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
- First Navigate to Apps > Settings
- Tap on search and look for Software updates and click on that
- Now enable Download updates automatically so that software will be downloaded automatically in future. Now to manual download click on Download updates manually.
- If a system update is available, download and install the update by following the on-screen prompts.
Galaxy A20S A207FXXU2BTD7 April 2020 Security Patch
- Android version: Android 10 / One UI 2.0
- Security patch level (SPL): April 1, 2020
- Baseband version: A207FXXU2BTD7
- Model No: SM-A505GN
- Region: Asian and New Zealand
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
Where I can download the firmware files?
You can follow dedicated post to download the firmware update file: Where and How To Download Samsung Galaxy Stock Firmware
How To Install Galaxy A20S A207FXXU2BTD7 April 2020 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume Up Power (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy A20S
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to good wifi and your device has more than 50 per cent battery life remaining