Download and Install Android 10 Q Update On Nokia 6.1 2018 (AOSPExtended ROM) || (codename: pl2 ):This post is for those devices as we want to make sure everyone gets to use the update. Today, we will be sharing with you all about Android 10 Q and how you can easily download and install it on your Nokia 6.1 2018. Remember we are going to install a third-party ROM here and there may be some bugs present in the ROM as of now. You can check what’s working and what’s not working below. We are thankful to Xda developer TheImpulson for sharing the ROM file. We recommend users not to flash the ROM on their primary devices.
If you are an Nokia 6.1 2018 user who is looking to install this latest update of Android 10 Q, then this post will help you do that. In this post, we will be sharing with you all about Android 10 Q, its new features, and more. After that, we will be sharing with you a step-by-step guide to help you install this update within minutes.
Nokia 6.1 2018 has a large 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 (14 nm) CPU coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. It has a 32/64GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The Nokia 6.1 sports a single 16 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide) rear camera and an 8 MP front camera with autofocus.
The Nokia 6.1 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and it will be updated to Android 9.0 Pie in coming months. It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with fast charging support
- RIL ( Data,SMS,Calls )
- Video Playback
- Goodix Variant Fingerprint Doesn’t work
- Volte Stops working after a reboot
- (toggle volte on/off once in mobile network and it will start working again)
- Hardware keys lights
- WiFi display
- Maybe something more which I didn’t notice
Android 10 Q Update On Nokia 6.1 2018 (AOSPExtended ROM) Features:
- SELinux is Permissive
- VoLTE is broken
- Tell me
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSPExtended Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 10 Q) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like AOSPExtendedEXTENDED or Lineage OS 15/16. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here >What Is Rooting Android Qhone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing a few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AOSPExtended Oreo On Nokia 6.1 2018.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AOSPExtended Android 10 Q Update On Nokia 6.1 2018
Steps To Install Android 10 Q Update On Nokia 6.1 2018 (AOSPExtended ROM)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.