OnePlus has initiated the distribution of the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12 Beta 1) software update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series of smartphones. The Android 12 Open Beta 1 update is now available to download for users of the aforementioned devices. Before beginning the update download, users should check that their devices are already running version 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 of the software.
You will be able to easily revert back to Android 11 if you are unhappy with the update to Android 12 on your device. Following is a rundown of the most important new features introduced by the most recent software update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series. Users of the OnePlus 7 should check that their devices have a charge of at least 30 percent or higher before attempting to update to Android 12. The devices must have at least 4GB of available storage space at a minimum.
In terms of its appearance, OxygenOS 12 brings a revamped user interface that OnePlus refers to as its “biggest visual overhaul” since the launch of OxygenOS. OxygenOS 12 upholds the company’s reputation for providing a streamlined experience on Android, which it has maintained since the company’s inception. The dark mode functionality in OxygenOS 12 has also been modified by OnePlus following the release of version 12.
OxygenOS 12 Beta 1 Changelog
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
- Unable to set photos taken by camera as wallpaper.
- Unable to wake screen by tapping screen.
- May have lagging and silent issues after reboot.
- Unexpected clock widget will be shown on the phone.
- Clock on AOD cannot be disabled.
- After downgrading to OxygenOS 11 version, reset data may fail.
- After upgrading to OxygenOS 12, the clock might become smaller when screen resolution has changed.
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1?
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below: