Google has recently started releasing the second Android 13 Beta Update for Pixel devices. Other Android OEMs have also partnered up with Google and released Android 13 Developer Previews for different OEMs respectively. Now, Asus Zenfone 8 has become the latest device to receive the Android 13 Developer Preview.
Android 13 testing is being done since February 2022 and two developer previews and a beta phase have already been carried out. According to these phases, Android 13 looks to be a great upgrade. Although it isn’t a major upgrade like Android 12 OS, it’ll add value to the last update. The Android 13 Developer Preview has started reaching non-Pixel devices and Asus Zenfone 8 users will now have the chance to test what Android 13 will potentially offer.
Prerequisites for proceeding with the Android 13 Developer Preview
If you’re an Asus Zenfone 8 user and looking to try the Android 13 Developer Preview, the process will be very simple. Before beginning with the instructions to apply for the preview, there are certain prerequisites that you must consider. Here are the prerequisites to keep in mind.
- Download the Android 13 Image File for Zenfone 8
- Remember to take a complete backup of your data as the data will be completely erased
- Charge your device to at least 50%
- Update your device to the latest stable version
- Ensure that there aren’t any passwords or screen locks enabled
How to install Android 13 Developer Preview on Asus Zenfone 8
- Extract the downloaded Android 13 Image File for Zenfone 8 on your PC.
- Now, turn off your device. Press and hold Volume Down + Power button for entering the Fastboot mode.
- Once your device boots into the Fastboot mode, connect it to your PC.
- In the extracted folder, run the “update image.bat file for Widows, update_image_for_mac.sh file for Mac, or update_image.sh file for Ubuntu.
- It’ll install the Android 13 Developer Preview on your Asus Zenfone 8. You’ll see the Download Complete message on your PC. You’ll have to press enter and then wait as your device will restart.
- Done! You can now enjoy the Android 13 Developer Preview on your Asus Zenfone 8.