Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (AOSP ROM)
Full Step by step guide to Safely Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Via AOSP ROM
Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) is now available for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, not officially but Via an AOSP build.This ROM developed nels83 by is functional and there are few bugs present but remember this the first release and we are sure in future releases they will fix all the bugs and other issues.Below we share some bugs present in this ROM.
- 2D/3D acceleration
- HW video encoding/decoding
- Screen cast (chromecast, miracast)
- Wifi (unstable)
- Bluetooth (unstable)
- Sensors (sometimes stop working)
- Automatic brightness
- Smart cover lock/unlock
- SDCard, USB OTG
- Tethering (USB, Bluetooth, Wifi)
What’s not working
- Secure videos (Widevine…)
- HW audio decoding
- SELinux (permissive)
- You tell me
For More details on the ROM visit the official Xda Page of the ROM here
Samsung galaxy Tab 3 was released in 2013 and a two years old device.So it’s a very great news for Tab 3 users as now they can try marshmallow on their tab.We think in future there will be a CM 13 ROM this tablet.
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy Tab 3
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
How to Safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy Tab 3
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Tab 3 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
How to Safely Install Android 6.0 Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy Tab 3
- Take a proper backup of all your important data and settings on your phone
- Make sure that the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP is already installed on your device
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC.–>>> Samsung Drivers
- Only for Galaxy Tab 3
Note: For Updates on this ROM or For Other variants Go to this Official Xda Page
Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy Tab 3 (AOSP ROM)
Step By Step Guide
- First of all, download Marshmallow AOSP custom ROM and Google Apps Package for your Galaxy Tab 3 from the given download links, on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 3 to the PC via its USB data cable and transfer the downloaded ZIP files to your android smartphone’s Internal memory
- Now Disconnect the phone and turn it OFF.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode (Press and hold Volume up + Home + Power button together and release them only when you see Samsung’s logo)
- While the Galaxy Tab 3 is now in Recovery, perform wipe data task by navigating to wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now do wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
- From the main Recovery menu, choose install zip from sdcard
- Find the Marshmallow ROM file that you have already transferred to your SD card. Confirm the installation process to begin.
- Once done, repeat the above steps to flash Google Apps on your Tab 3.
- After installation is completed Go back to the main menu of recovery and reboot your phone. It may take up to 5 minutes to boot for the first time, so don’t panic.
DONE!!!Now your Galaxy Tab 3 would be running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.ENJOY…:)
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram