The update is an Official Nougat is rolling out via OTA in phase wise manner.You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. To check the update Go to Settings –> About Phone Section –> Software Update. Many users reported that they still not received the OTA update, so we are providing the Nougat OTA file for Moto Z Play with that you can manually install Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto Z play.
Already many smartphone users are tasting the sweetness of Android Nougat with includes OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, Htc One M9, LG G5, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4 Plus, Huawei Mate 8, and many more devices. This sweet update is loaded with many bug fixes, Performance improvements and the pack of Android Nougat features like Multi-Window Mode, Improved Notifications, Doze, Seamless update, Vulkan API, Settings UI and much more. Below you can download the Android Nougat Update and install it.
If your device is rooted or you have installed any custom ROM then you might not receive OTA update. But you can install it manually by downloading OTA zip file. Of course, this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat version, but the latest version is but at least this is Android 7.1.1 and Android 7.1.2 is on its way, but something is better than nothing.
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto Z Play
- First, Enable “USB Debugging” on your Moto Z Play. Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Now download and install adb drivers on your PC
- Install the Moto USB drivers On PC
- Download Android Nougat Firmware for Moto Z play.
- Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
- Now execute the following codes
- Now, Install Nougat firmware executing the following command.
adb sideload <finename>
- Wait until the installation process completes
If you have updated your device to Nougat, then let us know your feedback in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.