If you are using custom ROM for a few years then, you must remember a term called ‘CarbonOS’ well yes Carbon ROM was used to be very popular around Android 4.4 Kitkat and at that time it was very popular ROM among the users it was even more popular than CM but after KitKat they stop making nightlies and builds and there was no development from them but now they seem to be back on the track. (Android 7.1.1 Carbon ROM )
Yes, CarbonROM is back and their website also up Now, you can check their website from CarbonROM. They have released Android 7.1.1 Carbon ROM for Nexus 6p/Nexus/Pixel and some more other devices you can check all the device for which Carbon ROM is available from below list.
In this guide, you will be able to learn How to install Android 7.1.1 CarbonROM for GooglePixel/Nexus6P/Nexus6 (Android 7.1.1 Carbon ROM )
List of the device supported by Carbon ROM:
- Sailfish (Google Pixel) -> Download Link
- Angler (Nexus 6P) -> Download Link
- Shamu (Nexus 6) -> Download Link
- Sumire (Sony Xperia Z5) -> Download Link
- Leo (Sony Xperia Z3) -> Download Link
- Aries (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact) -> Download Link
- Shield Tablet -> Download Link
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is only for the Devices which are listed above.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Download Gapps from Here
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps to INSTALL Android 7.1.1 Carbon ROM ON GooglePixel/Nexus6P/Nexus6
- Download the Carbon ROM file as well as the GApps file and transfer it onto your GooglePixel/Nexus6P/Nexus6 using your data cable.
- Reboot your GooglePixel/Nexus6P/Nexus6 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to INSTALL Android 7.1.1 Carbon ROM ON GooglePixel/Nexus6P/Nexus6 -> How to Install Custom ROM on Android Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Note: First boot will take some time so you have to keep patience.
Well, That’s it you have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 based Carbon ROM on GooglePixel/Nexus6P/Nexus6.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.