Google has announced Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for Nexus Player. This Update is maintenance release which is mainly focused on improving performance and fixing bugs. This is update is rolling out via OTA to BETA subscribers. If you want to receive an OTA enroll your device in the beta program. However, OTA update may take few weeks to hit your device.
Google is rolling out Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for all its eligible devices that are enrolled in the beta program. This is an incremental maintenance release mainly focused on optimizations, bug fixes, small enhancements for users and carriers. If you don’t to wait for OTA then you can follow the below to manually install Android 7.1.2 Beta in Nexus Player.
- Download and install adb drivers on your PC.
- Download Android 7.1.2 Nougat ZIP file from above links.
- Save the downloaded ZIP file to ADB folder. (C:\adb)
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’.
- Go to Settings –> About phone –> click 7 times on the Build Number. This will enable the Developer Options menu.
- Go back to main Settings –> Developer options –> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now, Plug USB cable into Player’s microUSB port, computer, TV (Better use laptop)
- A warning will show up to grant debugging access to this computer, accept it.
- Extract the saved ZIP file in ADB folder.
- In ADB folder, press “Shift + Right mouse click” and choose on “Open command window here.”
- To make sure that your device is connected properly, execute the below command.
- Execute the below command to reboot into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- Within few minutes Nexus Player will reboot into bootloader. Now you need to unlock the bootloader (skip this step if you have already unlocked bootloader).
fastboot oem unlock
It will fail for the first time, to confirm you have to give the command one more time. This step will wipe the device.
- Execute the below command to flash the firmware.
- After successful, installation your device will automatically reboot to latest Android 7.1.2.