Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Xperia T/TX [AOSP 8.0 ROM]: Today in this post, we will be telling you about the latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS and how you can install it on your Xperia T/TX. You can use the unofficial AOSP 8.0 ROM and download this new firmware update. Recently, Google released the official Android 8.0 update for few Pixel and Nexus devices along with the Android Oreo Source code. Now the developers have already started building ROMs based on Oreo OS and the first AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xperia T/TX is already available for downloading.
A widely reputed and recognized XDA developer AdrianDC released the initial build of the Android Oreo ROM for Xperia T/TX and this custom ROM is stable enough for being used as a daily driver. This custom ROM carries many Android Oreo features and works well with few bugs.Follow the guide to Install Oreo On Xperia T/TX via AOSP ROM
If you want to download this custom ROM and run Android 8.0 Oreo on your Xperia T/TX then fulfil some prerequisites, complete few downloads, and then follow this step-by-step guide.Follow the guide to safely Update Sony Xperia T/TX To Android 8.0 Oreo Via AOSP ROM.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
- This guide is only for the Sony Xperia T/TX
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your drive.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Xperia T (Mint) – Download (Development Page)
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Xperia TX (Hayabusa) – Download (Development Page)
- Download Official GApps For Android Oreo 8.0
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Xperia T/TX [AOSP 8.0 ROM]
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.