If you have ever tried to install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, then you might have come across a pretty common obstacle called Status 7 Error. This error is an obstacle which doesn’t allow you to install the ROM unless it is fixed. Now there a lot of reasons for getting this error such as an old version of custom recovery, older bootloader, dirty flashing the ROM, and more. Fix Lineage OS Status 7 Error
Now, if you are a fan of custom ROMs and like to install new ones every now and then, you must have come across obstacles like ‘Status 7’, ‘Trustzone Error’, ‘Installation aborted’ or ‘Signature verification failed error’ whenever installing a new ROM like Lineage OS. If you face such errors, then it is because of one or more reasons.
Today, in this guide, we will be showing you how you can fix these errors which pop up and prevent you from installing the ROM. Fix Lineage OS Status 7 Error
Fix Lineage OS Status 7 Error
- Outdated TWRP Recovery – Having an age-old version of TWRP recovery might be one of the reasons that you get ‘Status 7’ error. You can download and install the latest version which will allow you to fix this error and install the custom ROM you want. Fix Lineage OS Status 7 Error
Download the latest version of TWRP -> https://twrp.me/Devices/
- Outdated Bootloader – Another reason for getting ‘Status 7’ error is having an outdated bootloader. You cannot just jump from a very old version of Android to the latest one. The solution is to upgrade your device’s firmware to the latest official version.
- Format Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache before installation – Before you flash the custom ROM you must format the cache partition, Dalvik cache as well as the data partition in TWRP recovery.
For doing so, choose Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> select Cache, Dalvik Cache and Data to wipe.
- Download the correct LineageOS – Another reason for getting ‘Status 7’ error is downloading the wrong ROM file. It is a common case whenever there are different variants of the same phone.
The solution is to always double-check the device variant and code-name of your device before downloading the ROM file.
- Remove the Assert Checks – If you have downloaded the correct firmware file and none of the other methods fix the ‘Status 7’ error, you must remove the Assert checks from the ROM file. It requires technical expertise.
- Open the ROM package on your PC but do not unzip it yet.
- Go to the directory META-INF/com/google/android and double click on updater-started file.
- Right click the updater script and then open it using Notepad or any other text editor.
- Locate ‘assert’ in the script. You will come across lines along with the codename of your device. If your device codename doesn’t match, simply replace it with the correct one.
- Now locate ‘assert & getprop’ in the script and then delete them all before saving the file.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.