If you own a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet and wish to check its manufacturing date, it is possible. There are many ways to do that. Once you’ve discovered the manufacturing date, you’ll be able to see how old your device is. You will also get to check if it is still under warranty. There are four tried-and-tested methods to check the manufacturing date of your Samsung device.
By using Samsung serial number
Every Samsung device comes with a unique S/N or Serial Number consisting of 11 alphanumeric characters. You shouldn’t think that the serial number of the device is a string of random characters. In reality, all these characters will tell details about your device. One of the characters in the serial number will tell the manufacturing date of your Samsung device.
Before checking the manufacturing date of your Samsung devices, you should know how to get the serial number. Simply navigate to the Settings -> About Phone. Here, you’ll find the serial numbers on the screen. Alternatively, you can even check it by using the ADB shell command – adb shell getprop | grep –e ‘serialno’
Check the manufacturing date using the dialer code
- Open the Phone app and then dial *12580*369#
- Check the RF Cal section and you’ll get the manufacturing date of your Samsung smartphone. Besides, the screen will also let you know the BL, CP, AP, and CSC versions.
In case you own a Samsung smartphone that was released before 2017, the above code might not work. In that case, try other codes like *#197328640* or *#*#197328640#*#*
- Then, in the Service Mode menu tap on the option Version Info
- On the next screen, choose Hardware or HW version and then tap on Read CAL Date. Here, you will find the manufacturing date of your Samsung device.
Check your Samsung device’s manufacturing date by using IMEI
Another way of finding out the manufacturing date of your Samsung device is by looking at the IMEI code of your device.
- To access the IMIEI code of your device, open the dialer app and type “#06#”
- Head over to the Settings -> About Phone
- Once you get the IMEI code of your Samsung device, visit a website like imeicheck.com or imei24.com.
- Type the device’s IMEI and click on the Check button.
- You’ll be able to get the manufacturing date of your Samsung smartphone alongside other information.
Using device info apps
Finally, there is yet another way of checking the serial number, manufacturing date, IMEI, and other technical details of your Android device. You can find many apps on the Play Store that will give you detailed information about your Samsung device. You can install any of these apps and know the mobile manufacturing data and how old your device is.
- Device Info HW
- Device Info
- Droid Hardware Info
- Phone Info