[Current Status] Homtom HT50 Official Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 Update: Homtom has become an exciting brand thanks to the numerous amazing devices it has managed to release in past few years. Most of its devices come with highly exciting features and specifications while having a reasonably low price. One of the biggest reasons for its success is that it provides excellent features for the low price of the device. Today, we are going to have a look at Homtom HT50 and the current status on its official Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 update.
About Homtom HT50
Homtom HT50 sports a 5.5-inch IPS display screen with HD resolution of 1280×720 pixels. It comes packed with a MediaTek MT6737 64-bit Quad-Core 1.25GHz ARM Cortex A53 processor, ARM Mali-T720 MP2 GPU, 3 GB LPDDR3 RAM, and 32 GB ROM storage capacity.
It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat OS and has a non-removable 5500mAh Lithium-Ion battery. Its other features include an 8.0 MP primary camera, an 8.0 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi, OTG support, Bluetooth, GPS, Fast charging technology, fingerprint scanner, and more.
About Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest stable build from Google. Google even has released the developer preview of upcoming Android 9.0 (P).All the big manufacturers like Samsung, LG, HTC and OnePlus have already updated their new devices to Android 8.0 and some even have been updated to Android 8.1 Oreo. Now let’s talk about some of the awesome features of Android Oreo.
- Picture in a Picture – The videos will switch to a smaller and minimized version when you want to navigate to other apps. This feature is very similar to what a YouTube video does when using the YouTube mobile app.
- Background limits – This wonderful feature will help you set a limit the extent of what an app can do while it is operating in the background. You can also use this to conserve power and get more battery life.
- Notification channels – This new feature will provide the ability to group our notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This feature will make it easier to manage the notifications.
- Better icons – Google has tried to make the icons in this update to be adaptive which means that they will be taking different shapes depending on the interface it is used on.
- Keyboard navigation – This new feature would give you the ability to use keys for navigating apps.
[FAQ] Homtom HT50 Official Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 Update
Q) Will Homtom HT50 get the official Oreo update?
Answer: It is unclear and the company has not opened up about the update, but according to us it will get the official Android Oreo 8.0 update. The hardware can easily support Android Oreo 8.0.The Homtom HT50 is one of the most important devices of Homtom so they must have started working on the official Android Oreo build.
Q) How Can I Download Homtom HT50 Official Android Oreo 8.Update?
Answer: As we mentioned earlier, Homtom HT50 will get the official update but as of now there is no Oreo update available for the device. When the update will release, it will be available via OTA (Over-the-air).
Q) When the Official Homtom HT50 Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo OTA Update Will Release?
Answer: According to some of the sources, the Oreo 8.0 update will be available by June 2018.
[Note: The image used in this post is not owned by us. It is the property of its respective owner]
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page