Now Users Can Download/Install December Security Patches On Galaxy A3 2016 & A3 2017 (OTA): Samsung is rolling out yet another update for two of their Galaxy A3 variants before 2017 is shutting down. The variants Samsung Galaxy SM-A310F and SM-A320FL which were launched in 2016 and 2017 are getting this new update. The update is given based on regions as an Over the Air or OTA update, and many users started receiving it already. The update is mainly included with many bug fixes and performance improvements, and the most important addition is the latest security patches by google.
The update is not reported to have any new features and it is all about bug fixes and latest security patches. Although all users are advised to get the new update mandatorily as the latest security patches from Google are added to it. This new security patch is important to increase the security of your device. The OTA update arriving doesn’t seem to be huge in size as it only has a size as small as 195 MB. Many users from different regions already received the OTA update and all users are expected to get it very soon.
You can check for the update on your device by going into Settings > About phone > software update. If the update has arrived for you it can be seen on this menu of your device. If you haven’t received it you can either choose to wait until it arrives or do the update manually. If you choose to do the update manually, please follow the guidelines provided here to manually install December Security Patches On Galaxy A3 2016 & A3 2017
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 & A3 2017
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Security patch update for Samsung Galaxy A3 2016
- Security patch update for Samsung Galaxy A3 2017
- Odin tool
Steps To Install December Security Patches On Galaxy A3 2016 & A3 2017
- Unzip all the downloaded zip file on your PC
- Press and hold home button, power button and volume down buttons to boot your device into recovery mode
- On your Pc open the Odin.exe by double-clicking on it
- connect your device to your PC
- In Odin tick, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes and select AP
- Find and select the downloaded update file with .tar extension
- Click on start button
- Reboot your device when process is completed
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.