Install dotOS Oreo ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Android 8.1) | dot OS v2.2: Great news for Xiaomi Redmi 4A users as Xiaomi Redmi 4A has started getting android Oreo update via DotOS Oreo custom ROM. Install DotOS Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi 4A. Xiaomi’s Redmi 4A is an entry-level Android smartphone which is powered by Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Processor, having 2GB RAM With 16GB ROM and it has 5 Inch HD IPS Touchscreen Display. It also got 13MP PDAF Autofocus Camera With Dual-Tone LED Flash with 5MP FF camera. It has 3120mAh Battery.
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an Android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on Android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers. There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
We are really thankful to AryanPatidar for sharing the dotOS Oreo ROM For Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
| Full ROMs List: Full List Of Best Xiaomi Redmi 4A Custom ROMs
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 0.3 Pre-Requirements
- 0.4 Disclaimer
- 1 Downloads
- 2 How To Install dotOS Oreo On Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex) || dot OS v2.2 || Android 8.1
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the Android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Mokee OS or Lineage OS 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
| For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Resurrection Remix Oreo Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Mokee OS On Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download dotOS Oreo For Xiaomi Redmi 4A (dot OS v2.2)
- Download GApps
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How To Install dotOS Oreo On Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex) || dot OS v2.2 || Android 8.1
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Xiaomi Redmi 4a using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi 4a into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Flyme OS on your device How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Resurrection Remix Oreo Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.