Just like the Oppo, Realme, OnePlus brands, the Chinese giant BBK Electronics also owns Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd. Vivo is always known for its trendsetting smartphones from tip to toe such display, overall design, material quality, camera segment, and more including its official custom skin called Funtouch OS. To recall, Funtouch OS comes with a bunch of optimizations, exclusive features, etc along with the native Android OS goodies. Now, if you’re one of the Vivo handset users (16:9 or FullView display device) and want to install the stock firmware then check this guide. Here we’ve shared the links to download all Vivo Firmware (with Stock ROM Flashing Guide) in an official way.
Talking about most of the Vivo devices whether having a 16:9 aspect ratio or higher usually runs on Android 8.0 Oreo or above. Although Vivo isn’t that active or consistent enough to provide the latest firmware update to its eligible devices on time. Additionally, the carrier-specific and region-specific software update on Vivo devices mostly delay a bit than other OEMs.
Therefore, if you’re unable to get an OTA update on time even after a new software update released by Vivo, then you should always manually flash the firmware update on your handset by following the guide below.
Advantages of Stock ROM
- Easily unbrick your handset
- Solve the bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade the device
- Unroot the phone
- Remove third-party apps or services
- Fix lagging or stuttering or frame drops
- Get back your device warranty (if any)
Download all Vivo Firmware
- Vivo devices running on Android 8.0 Oreo or higher versions can’t downgrade to the previous/lower Funtouch OS version. So, you should know what you’re doing.
- Create a backup on your device How To Create Backup On Android Devices (Non-Root Users).
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%.
- Ensure that your handset is connected to a Wi-Fi or a faster mobile network.
- The firmware updating or flashing process may take some time. So, have some patience.
Steps to Install Vivo Firmware (Stock ROM Flashing Guide)
It’s worth mentioning that there are two methods to flash or install the Funtouch OS Stock ROM on your Vivo devices for the 16:9 aspect ratio or FullView display models. We’ve provided both the guides below.
1. Flash Stock Firmware on FullView Display Vivo Devices
- First, power off your Vivo device -> Press and hold the Power & Volume Up buttons together until the Vivo logo appears.
- Press the Volume Down button to navigate to the ‘Stock Recovery’ mode -> Now, press the Power button to select it.
- Tap on Wipe data -> Select Wipe data again -> Put your lock screen password -> Select the ‘Reboot system’ to restart your Vivo handset.
- Now, Download the Vivo official Stock ROM for your particular Vivo handset.
- Choose your applicable Region -> Select Support -> Choose System update -> Select your Vivo Model -> Then Download Firmware.
- Now, move the downloaded firmware zip file to the root directory of the internal storage or SD card on your device. (Don’t put the firmware file into any folder and don’t extract the zip file)
- Simply install the stock firmware file from the File Manager app on your device by tapping on it.
If you can’t enter on your phone, try the below steps.
- Follow the above steps to boot your device into the Stock Recovery mode.
- Now, choose to Install update -> Select Phone Storage or SD card -> Browse and select the downloaded firmware -> Next, tap on Next to install it.
- The firmware flashing or upgrading process may take some time. Wait for it.
- Once done, restart your handset.
2. Flash Stock Firmware on 16:9 Display Vivo Devices
- Switch off your Vivo device -> Press and hold the Power & Volume Up buttons simultaneously for a few seconds until a Vivo logo appears.
- Next, you will enter into the Stock Recovery mode -> Tap on Wipe data -> Select Wipe data again -> Select confirm if a pop-up appears.
- Choose ‘Reboot system’ to restart your device (For Funtouch OS 2.0 or lower, navigate to the Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down and press the Power button to select it. Choose wipe data/factory reset -> wipe data -> confirm wipe data and restart your handset).
- Download the official Stock Firmware for your Vivo model respectively from the given link above.
- Next, move the downloaded firmware to the root directory of the internal storage or SD card on your device.
- Then install the firmware zip file via the File Manager app.
Alternatively, you can also enter into the Recovery mode again by following the above steps. Then choose to Install update -> Phone Storage or SD card -> Browse the firmware file and select it -> Tap on Next to install it. Once done, reboot your handset and wait for the device to boot into the new system completely. That may take some time. So, please be patient.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.