Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Xperia V [AOSP 8.0 ROM]: Hello, guys!! Today in this article, we will be telling about Android 8.0 Oreo OS and how you can easily install this new update on your Xperia V. As you all must have heard, recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo update for few Pixel and Nexus devices along with the Android Oreo Source code. Most of the enthusiastic developers have already begun tinkering with the source code and trying to create custom ROMs for other devices.
Recently, a highly reputed and recognized XDA developer AdrianDC came up with the initial build of Android Oreo ROM for Xperia V and this ROM is stable enough for use as a daily driver. This AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xperia V is available for download and is less than 150 MB in size. This custom ROM works well and has very few bugs.
If you have a Nexus or Pixel device then you can easily download the official Android 8.0 Oreo update on your device but if you use any other smartphone, then you can download this unofficial custom ROM. All you need to do follow this step-by-step guide mentioned below and you will have the custom ROM installed within minutes.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
- This guide is only for the Sony Xperia V
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your drive.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Xperia V – Download (Development Page)
- Download Official GApps For Android Oreo 8.0
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Xperia V [AOSP 8.0 ROM]
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.