Download and Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Mate 10 Lite (GSI): This is an unofficial build available for Huawei Mate 10 Lite. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. It is compatible with any project treble hardware. So if your device supports project treble, then you are good to go. The Custom ROM is maintained by phhusson. If you want to know more about AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo For Huawei Mate 10 Lite, just Visit this XDA Thread
Huawei Mate 10 Lite sports a 5.90-inch display screen having a resolution of 2160x1080p. It comes with a powerful HiSilicon Kirin 659 1.7GHz Octa-Core processor, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3340mAh battery. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, and its other features include a 16.0 MP primary camera, a 13.0 MP secondary camera, Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, Dual SIM Dual Standby, USB OTG, and more.
The Android 8.1 Oreo is fairly a new version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Official AOSPExtended Oreo on Huawei Mate 10 Lite based on Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install AOSP ROM on Huawei Mate 10 Lite (Android 8.1 Oreo).
AOSP 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features. Lineage OS is the most popular Android ROM available and it is also one of the best ROMs when it comes to support
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
You may Like: How to get Android 8.1 Oreo Adaptive Icons feature on Android 5.0 and above
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0. There are many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in a floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo ( Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
- Download AOSP 8.1 and Source (Download the right file according to your device ARM64 or 32)
- Download GApps For AOSP 8.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
Guide: How To Create & Restore Nandroid nitrogenkup on Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.